South Central Wisconsin Healthcare Emergency Readiness Coalition (SCWIHERC) is recruiting a medical advisor to serve SCWIHERC as described in the scope of work below. The contract period for this posting is for July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
The medical advisor contracted per this agreement (contract period of July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019) will be paid $50,000, divided into twelve equal monthly installments, upon satisfactory performance of the scope of work of this contract. This contract is considered “at will” and either party may terminate this contract with thirty days’ notice to the other party.
Candidates must be an MD or DO and reside within one of the coalition’s fourteen counties (Adams, Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Iowa, Jefferson, Juneau, Lafayette, Marquette, Richland, Rock, Sauk, within the state of Wisconsin).
After June 30, 2019, the medical advisor position contract may be renewed annually at the discretion of the SCWIHERC Board of Directors, with compensation level determined annually based on the coalition’s projected and available funding.
All interested candidates seeking to be considered for this position should submit an application containing the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Three references
- A personal statement that answers the following question: “What is your vision for the relationship between the medical advisor and the South Central Wisconsin Healthcare Emergency Readiness Coalition?” Please limit your response to two pages.
Applications should be submitted electronically to Jennifer Behnke (Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org) AND Ben Eithun (email@example.com) with the subject “SCWIHERC medical advisor application” by May 29, 2018.
SCOPE OF WORK STATEMENT
The medical advisor provides medical, administrative, technical and policy leadership for their assigned health care emergency readiness coalition (HERC) region and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) including the Office of Preparedness and Emergency Health Care (OPEHC). The medical advisor engages physicians in the region to build medical surge capacity and educates partners on the disaster tiers framework for health response. This individual also ensures that planning and response to emergencies and disasters is based on sound ethical principles and consensus guidelines. Finally, the advisor works closely with the HERC coordinator and DHS to complete activities contained in the HERC work plan.
- Coordinates with the HERC Coordinator for the implementation of the Regional Work Plan for the contract period.
- Provides guidance on the development/revision of the HERC Preparedness Plan, Response Plan, and Framework for the HERC’s Regional Medical Coordinating Center as requested.
- Provides guidance on the development/revision of DHS state-wide emergency plans as requested (transportation, crisis standards of care, patient tracking, etc.).
- Assists DHS EMS Coordinators or Section Chief with the review of submitted EMS operational plans and treatment protocols as requested.
- Participates in regional and statewide meetings (in-person or remotely) to include:
- Regional HERC Board and Membership Meetings (75%)
- Monthly Statewide HERC Meetings (50%)
- Quarterly In-person Medical Advisor Meetings (50%)
- Partner Meetings (Regional Trauma Advisory Council, Emergency Medical Services Board Meetings, and EMS Physician Advisory Committee) (50%)
- Meets at least monthly with the Healthcare Emergency Readiness Coalition Staff (HERC Coordinator and RTAC Coordinator)
- Achieves/maintains understanding of WITRAC and participates in WITRAC drills as requested.
- Participates in the Coalition Surge Exercise planning discussion involving the evacuation of 20% of the HERC’s staffed acute care beds in order to identify regional gaps and training needs.
- Assists in the development of the Coalition Surge Tabletop exercise in coordination with the HERC Coordinator and DHS OPEHC staff as requested.
- Provides technical assistance to regional exercise design teams as requested.
- Participates in the State WISCOM Drills as requested.